Sunday, February 20, 2011

Remembering the Awesomeness



So it's been forever and a day since I last posted. The family I nanny for has had sick kids, so I've been working 12 hour days and trying not to get sick myself (since the parents even got sick). I stayed healthy thankfully and I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way. And I'm not gonna lie, I just haven't wanted to blog - which is one of many reasons why I could never be a real blogger.

However, lately I've been thinking about how fun SF has been. Sometimes I think, "Is Jeff really in dental school?" Now I'm not the one who's doing all the studying and the work and taking the tests, but I feel like we're having so much fun outside of his schooling and my work. I'm sure if I was teaching and wasn't working late hours during the week, I'd feel different because I'd be there while he was studying (and I'd be super bored). But I'm not. Since October Jeff's really gotten into the grove of things and it seems he's gotten used to grad school.

One of my favorite memories here in SF was the night the Giants won the World Series. When they won I watched it with the family I nanny for, hurried home, and Jeff was waiting outside for me so we could rush into the city to see how San Francisco was celebrating.


2 Fast 2 Furious: SF style



Obviously I thought that Fast and the Furious was funny that night too :)



Of course Jeff had to join in on the action...




We're not super hard core fans I guess since we didn't end up like this guy...


Too much fun?






Can you tell Brian Wilson is my favorite?




Intersection at Market and Castro...



The whole ride down Market was loud like this. My favorite part was when people would high five you in your car as you drove down the street. Crazy awesome, right?

This was seen all over the city...


The fans at AT&T ballpark...


It was very crazy over there. TP was flying through the air, corn tortillas were thrown around like frisbees, and there was a lot of liquids on the ground that we just chose to avoid.
Better safe than sorry, right?



We still aren't sure what this guy's job was...
I think he was supposed to being enforcing something, but the people were doing crazy things in the street so who knows what it was he should have enforced.


Jeff very, very happy.

What a great night of awesomeness :)




3 comments:

Laney said...

this is so great! hilarious.

everyone would get so mad at that cop if he tried to enforce too much. such a party crasher.

jenn + michael said...

Wow! I'm glad you are alive and blogging. Those celebrations look awesome! Keep partying it up!

smith fam said...

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE THROW CORN TORTILLAS - LOVE LOVE LOVE. I do not love foreign liquids on the ground that you choose to avoid. Bleh.