Monday, December 20, 2010

No lie - this actually happened

So the other day Jeff was waiting in the car while I was on a yarn run. When I was in the store, I guess there was a homeless man outside that looked really strange. And of course, Jeff started gawking at him from our car.

It was to Jeff's surprise that the man actually noticed him staring at him through all the rain and in the dark of the night.

Once the hobo made eye contact with Jeff, it was over. He decided to attack! He lunged for the car, yelling indecipherable phrases like - "BLAH BLEH PLEH PLICK MEH BLAH-BIDDY BO!", and fired his ammunition.

And what was a homeless person using for ammunition?

Why mashed potatoes of course!

We drove around San Francisco the rest of night with potato on our car. It was disgusting and it actually took us a long time to figure out what it was. Jeff was the one who figured it out.

He poked it with his keys.
Yucky.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd have to say (from my limited experience) that San Francisco wins the prize for the strangest and largest concentration of homeless people I've ever encountered. And, as you know, some of them can be quite aggressive!

Unknown said...

So the next time you see someone with a sign that says, "Will work for food," you will wonder just what they are going to do with that food...

jenn + michael said...

haha! Nice! I can imagine a few less desirable things he could have used for ammunition.

Jana said...

ewwwww. lesson learned. never make eye contact!

TheLittleDavisFamily said...

Whitney, I love this story!! The only thing that could have made it better...actually hearing and seeing you tell it! :) By the way, hoooow did Jeff figure out it was mashed potatoes??