Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SPOILER ALERT!!! BRIDGET DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT YET!

This is what I just sent to my nephew Kaden...




It's nothing special. But I'm glad that I made it for him, and maybe he'll keep it and someday have one of his little babies wear it.

I'd thought about sewing on these baby blue (for him it was Carolina blue since they're big fans) mother of pearl buttons, but I showed them to Jeff and he said they were girlie. So I didn't.

I'd started using a dark blue yarn (I liked it b/c it was Duke blue) and Jeff said that I should knit in a D and tell them that it was for Kaden Davis but really the D was for DUKE! I know...tricky tricky. Sadly, the yarn was VERY difficult to see. So I changed colors.

I just love gifts that are made with lots of love...I'm very glad Jeff's mom taught me how to knit so I can make these types of gifts.

Now that I finally just mailed it...
Onto the next project!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I wish I was that talented.

jenn + michael said...

Seriously impressive...

Joanna said...

Look at you getting all crafty and crazy with the blogging! With you and Sarah, I feel like I need to get on the bandwagon! haha. PS - your blog looks great - love the header! :)

smith fam said...

ooh...I want to learn how to knit...that looks very profesh!

karen said...

It looks awesome! You did a great job. So, what's next?