Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The part I forgot to show...

Little did we know at the time of this picture, this was only the beginning. It'd get soo much worse than this :(

I will be glad when one of my battle wounds will disappear.
Blech.

During the delivery they kept telling me not to push with my face. But I didn't listen. I'd close my eyes and push harder than I'd ever pushed before. Unfortunately, those doctors knew what they were talking about. I guess when you close yours eyes and push you end up looking like a Sith lord from Star Wars with blood-red eyes. I broke so many blood vessels in my eyes that the whites just turned red.

The picture above was after Evangeline's arrival, but it got so much worse. We didn't take a picture of it when the whites of my eyes completely disappeared. Bleh! I couldn't even look myself in the eyes in a mirror, so I'm sure it was no picnic for everyone else to have to look at me.
But now a lot of the white part has returned, so at least I'm looking nice and festive for the holiday season. I just have candy cane eyes for now :)

4 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

yeah, then it travels across your eye if you sleep on your side. happened to me last year. sorry :(

Sarah said...

You poor thing! The same thing happened to my mom when she pushed me out. :(

BTW all of your photos are looking awesome! What lenses are you guys using

Katie said...

You just know how to decorate for Christmas. I mean, most people stop with their houses, but you go for the body too. It's smart and creative.

TheLittleDavisFamily said...

I agree! Your pictures do look great! What is your secret??

That is so crazy, Whitney! Now that you say that, I do remember them telling me to keep my eyes open... Perhaps that is why. I hope they heal quickly!