Thursday, July 26, 2012

Here she comes...


...our crawler!












So on Saturday, July 14th Evie Mae surprised us all and as if by overnight, she suddenly had an interest in crawling. She started on her hands and knees and would scoot both knees at a time. Then we'd see her move one hand and one knee and the other hand and the other...well almost the other knee. Usually she'd face plant before she could move the other knee. Then for the next week she went back to her old tricks after she start crawling, which means she'd almost finish crawling and then decide instead of face planting to just dive for the toy or whatever it was she was trying to get.

But on July 23rd, she surprised us again and Jeff saw her crawl to a toy that morning. The rest of the day that girl was crawling everywhere and she's been crawling ever since! Especially after her BFF - Eden ;)

When we went to Utah (a month before), she started getting up onto her knees on her own. But when we came back, moved furniture around, and gave Evie her own room, we couldn't get her motivated to crawl again. She was perfectly content to be mobile rolling everywhere. And boy would she get everywhere! We were so shocked that she was so mobile without crawling. But she finally did it!

Three cheers for Evie! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

She's a crawler baby!

4 comments:

karen said...

She's adorable! Now I want to see her crawl in person. I guess it's time to "baby proof" the downstairs...nothing is safe anymore!

Sarah said...

Such a cutie! I remember when Clara first crawled I felt like it was the fist step of her not needing me anymore. :( When I watch the video of her first crawls it still makes me tear up a little. They become independent so quickly!

Katie said...

Cute girl. It is so exciting when they hit these little milestones, isn't it?

Amanda Kristeen said...

So, I showed Deborah the video of her crawling and Deborah started smiling and waving her arms - it was so cute how excited she got. Also love the kitchen sink bath pictures & I think those coveralls are possibly the most adorable baby outfit I've ever seen.