Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Props Needed for Pictures

Here's more pictures of some of the things we've been doing since in San Francisco, but I have to say there's only so many pictures you can take of the two of you together before you start wishing you had a prop or something...any ideas?

Pretty soon we'll just have to start bringing a little cactus with us, just to spice our pictures up a bit.


Here's the tower right outside our apartment (luckily you can NEVER see it in our apartment because of the fog). We were shocked we could see it that day! It's called Sutro Tower since we live on Mount Sutro in the Forest Knolls - doesn't that sound like Hobbits should be our neighbors or something?


Here's Jeff...He was sure trying to make the picture fun and exciting.



So I stepped it up with my Vanna White pose, just so people don't think we're boring.




Our first attempt at having a tourist take our picture with Lombard Street. He failed. And for some reason I kind of look cross-eyed. Weird.


Our second attempt with another tourist taking our picture.


We started to get sick of asking random people to take our picture, so we took pictures of the views at Coit Tower.





And this is my future home in Carmel.


And I love how everyone in San Francisco grows plants around their doors and windows. It's so beautiful!

Sea lions at Santa Cruz. We were so close!

We left Utah and came to CA, but look what we found when we got here!

Jeff got tickets for the 49ers practice day in Santa Clara.

Here's Alex Smith...
Frank Gore...(he's smaller than I realized)

Taylor Mays (I'm sooo excited to see him play this year...he's awesome! If you haven't seen him play, you've got to watch You Tube and see him playing for USC. He's a monster!)

And Michael Crabtree! We were 30 feet away..so crazy!

My favorite part was when practice was over Crabtree signed one of his receiver's gloves and threw it into the kids' section. The children went crazy! And some parents got a little crazy too as they were telling their child to grab the glove, ha ha.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like so much fun! I have the perfect prop for you ... a baby! it did wonders for the pictures in our family! You hardly have to be in them at all ... in fact most people prefer that you aren't! LOL

Looks like you guys are having so much fun. Your hair looks adorable ...did you get it cut or colored or something? anyway, talk to you soon!

TheLittleDavisFamily said...

Ha! While it is definitely true about the baby and pictures, I think you should just enjoy this wonderful year in San Francisco. The great scenery is enough to keep me entertained! I waiting to hear about that surfing... :)

Whitney said...

That's so funny you said a baby Sarah. Jeff had said that pictures would be more fun with kids and I almost blogged that but thought people would think I was pregnant :) So I didn't! Ha ha ha.

Thanks for the hair compliment. I got it cut when we went home to NC. And the color change was from all the sun we got at the beach. I just wish my hair wouldn't grow so fast because I'd like to keep it this length but I don't want to pay for a hair cut.

I'm glad you enjoyed the scenery Bridget and that it wasn't too boring. I'll have to get post about surfing ASAP :)