Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Do you want to know why my skin is so beautiful...
So I was talking about teaching in Washington, D.C. to my students. I was telling them that the class was a lot different than ours. They noticed that the students all had dark skin and they said well some people in our class have dark skin but not skin that dark (I don't have any African American students in my class, which is pretty typical for our entire state). One boy started pointing out who had dark skin. Some of the people he pointed out were white but had dark complexions, but others had dark skin because of their parents diverse nationalities. I said we are lucky that we have so many different and beautiful students in our class. This girl comes up to me and says "do you want to know why my skin is so dark and beautiful?" I asked her why and she informs me that her grandparents are Italian. I gasped and said, "Oh so that's why. I've been wondering why your skin was so beautiful!" She grinned and said, "Yep that's why it's so beautiful." Super, super cute...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is really cute. Kids are so funny. How are Jeff's interviews going?
They are going really well. So far none of them have been very stressful, which is good because his friend has had some horrible interviews this year.
Who cares about the other interviews? He nailed the one at UNC, you guys are moving here, end of story. Accept it. I already have.
Post a Comment