
Here is a current update:
Life at our house consists of Jeff studying for school and the DAT, me planning lessons, and both of us working at the Branbury. Add in church and trying to stay on top of everything else in our lives and life becomes crazy. We were so sad when we realized that the time we'd gotten to spend together last weekend was the hour we went grocery shopping and the five hours we were in my classroom on Saturday (Jeff studied while I worked).
We are currently trying to catch our breath. Jeff has three tests this week in Physics, O-Chem, and PD Bio, and I just had parent/teacher conferences on Thursday. Between review sessions and report cards, we have been able to go out and throw the football around while we make up "original" plays. Let's just say this past week has consisted of very little sleep...
Looking at the kids in my class, who's biggest concerns consist of when lunch is and who is their new "best friend" for the day, makes me think of how much simplier life used to be. And I know that it will just continue to get more hectic. Kids come along (no I'm not pregnant) and life doubles in craziness.
But looking at my kids, I just think back to one of my favorite childhood stories, Peter Pan. I always hated how Peter Pan never stayed with Wendy, but you can't blame him. Who doesn't want to just have adventures all the time and be completey carefree. Sure he had to watch out for Captain Hook, but he never seemed too concerned about him either. Bascially, what I am trying to say is what would life by like if we lived as Peter Pan? What would it be like in a world where no one ever grew up?
I don't really want to find out because I love being grown up and all that comes from it (i.e., intellectual/spiritual growth, being married, making your own decisions, being completely independent, etc.), but there is just always so much to do.
Jeff and I are just grateful for the situation that we've been blessed with, which makes our lives so comfortable. But we are both really, really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas break! YAY!
Life at our house consists of Jeff studying for school and the DAT, me planning lessons, and both of us working at the Branbury. Add in church and trying to stay on top of everything else in our lives and life becomes crazy. We were so sad when we realized that the time we'd gotten to spend together last weekend was the hour we went grocery shopping and the five hours we were in my classroom on Saturday (Jeff studied while I worked).
We are currently trying to catch our breath. Jeff has three tests this week in Physics, O-Chem, and PD Bio, and I just had parent/teacher conferences on Thursday. Between review sessions and report cards, we have been able to go out and throw the football around while we make up "original" plays. Let's just say this past week has consisted of very little sleep...
Looking at the kids in my class, who's biggest concerns consist of when lunch is and who is their new "best friend" for the day, makes me think of how much simplier life used to be. And I know that it will just continue to get more hectic. Kids come along (no I'm not pregnant) and life doubles in craziness.
But looking at my kids, I just think back to one of my favorite childhood stories, Peter Pan. I always hated how Peter Pan never stayed with Wendy, but you can't blame him. Who doesn't want to just have adventures all the time and be completey carefree. Sure he had to watch out for Captain Hook, but he never seemed too concerned about him either. Bascially, what I am trying to say is what would life by like if we lived as Peter Pan? What would it be like in a world where no one ever grew up?
I don't really want to find out because I love being grown up and all that comes from it (i.e., intellectual/spiritual growth, being married, making your own decisions, being completely independent, etc.), but there is just always so much to do.
Jeff and I are just grateful for the situation that we've been blessed with, which makes our lives so comfortable. But we are both really, really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas break! YAY!
2 comments:
We TOTALLY understand what you guys are going through. Whatever we're getting paid, it's not enough!
Amen. As I type this, I'm simply avoiding lesson plans. Will they ever go away? Let's not even mention the large box tucked in the corner of the room...the box that contains 120 argumentative essays. I could cry. I might. Ok...off I go.
Post a Comment