A beautiful round pedestal end table that I'm going to paint
PLUS
A long strand of antique looking costume jewelry pearls for only 3 boo-whos!
I left feeling like I totally scored.
I'll have to post pictures once it's finished being painted.
This is at Alamo Square
They call these houses the seven sisters. Only six are in this picture though. Sometimes they're called the Painted Ladies too.
I was shocked at some of the prices at the flea market though. My sister-in-law, Bridget, lucked out when she got cool antique yellow furniture from her family for their baby room. The bookcase was bamboo and I love how it looked. It was the second time I'd seen that. I'd also seen a cool bamboo dresser that'd been painted. So when I went to the flea market and found this bamboo end table/stand I got super excited. It did have a weird suede table top but I figured if I painted it and cut off the suede it'd be okay. I asked the man the price and he told me $85 bucks! Seriously?
I had to hold my tongue because all I wanted to say was "For that trash?"
Ha ha, I was fine with it until I found out it was $85. Jeff told me later that he thought the man was throwing out a crazy price so I'd throw out lower price and then we'd go back and forth on prices for a while. That's stupid though. I don't play that game. When I hear a ridiculous price, it makes me think, "For that? That is not worth it."
I'll have to post pictures once it's finished being painted.
This is at Alamo Square
They call these houses the seven sisters. Only six are in this picture though. Sometimes they're called the Painted Ladies too.I was shocked at some of the prices at the flea market though. My sister-in-law, Bridget, lucked out when she got cool antique yellow furniture from her family for their baby room. The bookcase was bamboo and I love how it looked. It was the second time I'd seen that. I'd also seen a cool bamboo dresser that'd been painted. So when I went to the flea market and found this bamboo end table/stand I got super excited. It did have a weird suede table top but I figured if I painted it and cut off the suede it'd be okay. I asked the man the price and he told me $85 bucks! Seriously?
I had to hold my tongue because all I wanted to say was "For that trash?"
Ha ha, I was fine with it until I found out it was $85. Jeff told me later that he thought the man was throwing out a crazy price so I'd throw out lower price and then we'd go back and forth on prices for a while. That's stupid though. I don't play that game. When I hear a ridiculous price, it makes me think, "For that? That is not worth it."
2 comments:
I saw that picture, and I thought, "Full House!"
P.S. Thanks for the shout out! I'll have to return the favor soon. :)
I'll have to go! I've heard its amazing! I love me a good flea market :)
Post a Comment