For Evangeline's 1st birthday, we had a party showing all her favorite things.
We tried to kept the food baby themed (mini cupcakes).
The best party about a December party is we were able to have hot chocolate with candy canes and with whole milk (it is a baby party after all).
We tried to kept the food baby themed (mini cupcakes).
The best party about a December party is we were able to have hot chocolate with candy canes and with whole milk (it is a baby party after all).
A girlie reading canopy because Evangeline has been a reader since the beginning.
Most people don't believe us when we say this, but she just looks at books, page by page, all day every day.
Her dada calls her a baby nerd. But we love nerds :)
You can't tell in the picture but on the window is a glitter lettered birthday sign :) You can't have a girl party without glitter right?
Evie Mae has always loved train rides in her Target diaper boxes, so I made them look a little more appealing to her other baby friends using our Christmas and her birthday wrapping paper.
In her reading spot before the party started. Her Grammy and Papa Chris arrived to find her reading books by herself in her canopy while we finished getting things ready.
Having fun getting hugs from Lily.
The last activity center for the babies was a mirror. Evangeline LOVES mirror play and always has. She has a full length mirror on the back of her bedroom door and she'll sit and talk to herself forever.
She was so excited to have her bestie, Eden, come.
Here she is trying to touch Eden (as usual). She kept trying to kiss her at the party.
She loves Eden!
Laughing with Lily.
We used battery powered lights so the babies could safely touch the lights.
The babies had so much fun ripping the trains apart and tearing down the lights and pom poms, which we knew would happen so it was fun to watch. The lights lasted longer than anticipated :)
Babies love ripping things apart for fun, so
It's not a baby party until things are getting ripped apart!
We gave away bubbles to the kids who came since Evie loves bubbles and still is figuring them out, and what baby/kid doesn't love bubbles.
The things I did for me were the colors of the party. I tried to use a lot of pink and teal since my favorite book as a girl was called the Silver Slippers and the book is pink and teal. It even came with a silver slipper (ballet slippers) necklace. LOVED it! It was all about a ballerina. I tried to use pink pom poms to make it seem more ballerina-like. I just love anything to do with ballerinas + little girls. I'm still fascinated by ballerinas. I'll give the book to Evangeline when she's a little older I think.
Babies love ripping things apart for fun, so
It's not a baby party until things are getting ripped apart!
We gave away bubbles to the kids who came since Evie loves bubbles and still is figuring them out, and what baby/kid doesn't love bubbles.
The things I did for me were the colors of the party. I tried to use a lot of pink and teal since my favorite book as a girl was called the Silver Slippers and the book is pink and teal. It even came with a silver slipper (ballet slippers) necklace. LOVED it! It was all about a ballerina. I tried to use pink pom poms to make it seem more ballerina-like. I just love anything to do with ballerinas + little girls. I'm still fascinated by ballerinas. I'll give the book to Evangeline when she's a little older I think.
Evie had a blast at her party and had so much fun with all her friends.
She is so lucky to have such nice friends and we were so happy to have everyone come celebrate in our 550 sq ft one bedroom home ;)
2 comments:
So cute!!! I can't believe you have a one yr old! She is so sweet. And I loved her cake post pictures.
How adorable! I SO wish we could have come - but I had a baby shower at my house and couldn't get away. It looks AMAZING though and so much fun! Also, I love those 1 year shots of Evie - makes me want to get some (late) of Deborah! ;) Sooo cute!
Post a Comment