So we had a dry run with our costume today at the playgroup Halloween party.
It still needs some tweaking, but here it is...
Our little baby turtle :)
Back view
Side view
(my method of attachment needs some work)
It was a little top heavy so our friend Nicole had a good idea that I think we'll try.
I loved this picture but she was just moving too fast :(
Off to find trouble...
Thank goodness Evie's Auntie Tess believed that my homemade pattern was even a possibility or this costume wouldn't have happened. Talking with her gave me the confidence to actually go through with making it. She's seriously the best.
If you don't believe me, you should go look at her house. She did it all in three days. Three people! Three!
I love how the ruffle turned out. I thought it would make it look more like a girl turtle.
Very fancy, right?
This was definitely a labor of love. Especially for a baby Halloween costume. Hand-stitching and everything.
I'm going to try to get some better pictures. Evie was just too fast today!
And Miss Eden was nice enough to join us. This was the best picture I could get of the two of them together! They were too busy.
This morning the girls' were having a tough time, so I'm glad we were able to even make it :)
3 comments:
Adorable! Love it! Way to go!
Evie is darling, as usual! Her costume is so so cute and I can't believe you did it by hand!! Also, your play group sounds pretty awesome. We don't have one here and I've been wanting to start one, but just haven't yet. How often do you guys meet?
that turtle costume is adorable! And amazing! I am super impressed, Whitney! She is such a cutie. Hope you guys are doing well. Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment